Data Scientist (Mid Level)
Our client is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. They leverage more than 14 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, their mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
As a Data Scientist (Mid Level), you will provide support to a US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) customer based at Fort Bragg, NC. You as a Data Scientist will integrate as part of a team that will provide advanced analytical knowledge of data, with a focus on conducting big data analysis, data conditioning, programming, advanced computing, developing algorithms, developing software and data models, executing predictive analytics and utilizing visualization tools.
- Use technology to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data from various sources and platforms in order to collect, analyze, and compile data to meet customer needs
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Collect customer requirements
- Determine technical issues
- Design algorithms and data manipulation capabilities using Python and various libraries, including Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, etc.
- Build data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers to monitor and report on data
- Improve the quality of data use and usability by driving an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with Intelligence and Data Analysis teams to produce qualitative and quantitative data that support Intelligence products
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in Python
- At least one year of data visualization experience
- Experience providing services similar in required tasks, scope, and complexity
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Direct SOF support experience
- Experience working in Jupyter Notebooks
All benefits, matching 4% on 401K – Full benefits
15 PTO plus 10 Fed Holidays
$50 gym membership
Short term and long term Disability
Please Note: You must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States for this position.