Reason this role is for you: Our client has a data-driven analytics platform and is looking for a DevOps Manager. You’ll collaborate with a cross functional team of product owners, engineers, designers, and our quality assurance team to help scale the platform while optimizing for Cost, Speed, and Uptime.
You are responsible for the retention, growth, and performance management of you engineer direct reports, on-time delivery of quality implementations against product and engineering commitments, including assisting in planning what is committed to, and executing on hiring, promotion and other management-related activities.
- Grow our product. Focus and motivate your teams to support the delivery teams and scale our platform.
- Help us build team. Hire, onboard, and retain engineers. Contribute to our engineering organization through collaborative initiatives, such as improving hiring and onboarding processes or iterating on our career paths.
- Be an effective manager. Support, mentor and guide the DevOps engineers on your team
- Project manager. Work closely with your Product Manager to prioritize projects that align with company Objectives and Key Results (OKR)
- Communicate well. Provide feedback and be clear about expectations. You’ll be able to translate organizational strategy into useful and actionable direction for your teams. You’ll keep engineering leadership apprised of important developments on your teams.
- Be a good teammate. Be helpful, open-minded, and collaborative. You’ll help support your teammates and ensure they feel, and are, included and valued. This applies to the delivery teams you participate as well as your manager peer group.
- Learn. Regardless of your level of experience or seniority, you’ll work to improve your skills and learn more about our customers and their needs.
- Balance competing priorities. Ensure we effectively ship new features while resolving defects, ensuring reliability and managing technical debt.
This role does require previous leadership experience as an engineering manager or significant operations team lead experience. Beyond that, there are a handful of things that may make you a better fit. We’ll consider candidates who don’t check all of these boxes.
Experience with the following would be helpful:
- Managing devops engineers
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Experience with SRE principles
- Managing projects in an agile environment
- Fostering and leading diverse, healthy teams
- Development in an agile environment, with a focus on fast cycle times and continuous deployment
- Building software where security and regulatory compliance are critical
- Working on a Software-as-a-Service product
- Managed or worked in a company experiencing rapid growth
- 100% medical coverage for employees
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive HSA with company matching
- Generous dental and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K options with company dollar-for-dollar match
- Employee stock options available from day one
- $2,000 annual educational allowance
- Catered lunch every Tuesday *in-office perk
- MARTA transportation and office parking expenses covered
- Employee charitable donation company match, up to $500 annually
- Regular company outings and events *yes, even during COVID, except virtually
- Remote work from home options with $500 office stipend to set up your home office
- Designated bike storage