Mid-Level Software Engineer (Java, Go, Python, Node)
You are a capable mid-level software engineer. Your job is to be coding every day.
We are looking for professionals with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You’ll also provide technical expertise with an emphasis on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security. Your work includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions compliant with enterprise and industry standards.
- Execute on the client’s Technology’s engineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configuration across application, platforms and infrastructure.
- Partner with Operations to automatically integrate with appropriate tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or Infrastructure releases.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas.
- Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services.
- Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
- Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups such as regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit. You’ll provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools.
- Develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third-party contracts/agreements.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
- University or Post-Graduate Degree.
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Full stack development skills with strong experience in either frontend or backend development and are familiar with both.
- A solid understanding of service-oriented design, test-driven development and familiarity with the best tools and technologies to deliver software.
- An in-depth understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with an open-source contribution model and popular open-source projects.
- A solid understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS with proficient understanding of distributed computing systems.
- Strong knowledge of federated and centralized CI/CD pipelines and automation, and how to scale them.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- be curating and improving our onboarding experience firsthand and in real-time.
- figure out where our team fits. You’ll begin to understand our customers’ engineering needs. It’s essential for you to familiarize our team’s role in the organization and how we’ll measure impact.
- operate transparently in planning sessions with our partners and stakeholders to build things that our engineers will use daily.
- ship your first Pull Request!
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- unlock the potential of the organization through crowd sourced contributions.
- develop new features to automate onboarding into our build and tool sets.
- become familiar with the range of projects we build and maintain.
- constructively engage contributors in pull request reviews.
- ship code with a regular cadence.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- shape the roadmap to solve gaps in our delivery workflows.
- technically lead, own, and run a set of services.
- create new products where you see fit.
Please Note: You must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States for this position.