QA Engineer (Manual)
Reason this role is for you:
Our client is an exceptional 80-person (and growing) technology company with an established track record of success and consistent year-over-year growth trajectory of 50%+ servicing the automotive industry. Its core product – a premier customer relationship platform – has won a number of awards and is widely recognized for being the innovations leader among its peers.
You are someone who is tired of not being challenged, of not having a voice and of working with outdated technologies. In your current organization you stand out among your peers as a driver and an innovative thinker. You want to be a direct contributor to a dynamic team that enjoys solving difficult problems together every day and where everyone truly appreciates what you bring to the 100% virtual table.
- Play a key role in our Continuous Quality process by being directly involved in all phases of product development for highly technical initiatives.
- Work with technical teams to plan safe releases with a post-production monitoring plan.
- Decompose requirements into exhaustive test cases and create tests within TestRail.
- Lead testing for assigned projects on a continuous basis.
- Participate in regression testing, user acceptance testing, and load testing to ensure acceptance criteria are met and quality is high.
- Log issues discovered in testing with steps to reproduce and failed acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with development teams to assess testing impact and deployment risks.
- Participate in production releases and test feature delivery via post-production validation.
- Aid in identifying and documenting critical application flows for test automation.
- Assist in improving QA processes, tools, and environments.
- Experience testing complex software applications, to include web, iOS, and Android applications as well as application services and APIs.
- Well versed in decomposing requirements into test cases.
- Skilled in communicating with technical teams to clarify requirements, provide feedback, and communicate test failures.
- Exhibit high standards, attention to detail, and a customer-focused attitude when assessing the quality of software deliverables.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the software development lifecycle and release strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess testing impact and deployment risks for software changes.
- Hands-on experience testing APIs using Swagger, Postman, Fiddler, or other tools.
- Hands-on experience testing database-level changes such as stored procedures, indexes, and database configurations.
- Hands-on experience testing infrastructure- and architecture-level functionality such as server configurations, logging, health checks, scalability, resiliency, performance, etc.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience developing web or mobile applications, especially with .NET.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins and Octopus.
- Hands-on experience with Code as Infrastructure, especially AWS and Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with load testing tools such as Artillery.
- Hands-on experience developing or using Cypress or other test automation tools.
- Profit sharing after 1 year with no cap
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage from day 1.
- FTO 15 days
- 401K with match up to 4%
Please Note: You must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States for this position.