Sr. Data Engineer
Reason this role is for you: You will be working for a purpose driven company that provides a cloud-based software solution (SaaS) to improve the administrative efficiency and regulatory compliance of Housing, Economic and Community Development programs. If you are interested in helping low and moderate-income households and neighborhoods, this is the opportunity for you.
You will be responsible for designing/development data pipelines, data-structures, data imports, and dashboards/reports/analytics providing insightful information. You will engage with Data/Analytics Scrum Team Members, Product Management, Client success management and occasionally with clients to define the needs, prototype and then productionize the data pipelines and dashboards. It is an interesting time to join us as we initiate this as a capability in our SaaS Platform.
- Design/Develop Data Pipelines leveraging Azure Data Factory (ADF) Tools and Snowflake/SnowSQL, Snowpipe.
- Develop and Diagnose/Troubleshoot Data Flows in ADF
- Data Acquisition from 3rd party sources
- Use Programming languages/tools like Python/C# for data management(analysis/import/export)
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Develop SQL in Azure-SQL, Snowflake Technologies
- Troubleshoot SQL Queries against multiple data sources
- Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods (long-term responsibility as we mature our analytics capabilities)
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Find hidden patterns using data
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Power BI Report Development
- 2-3 years of experience in Data/Analytics, ETL/ELT
- 2-3 years of experience in SQL
- Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks
- Experience of working with Data-Warehouse technologies like Snowflake, Azure Synapse or AWS Redshift (Snowflake preferred).
- Understanding of Star Schema
- Familiarity with SnowSQL, Snowpipe
- Familiarity with SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Preferred experience with Azure Services like Logic Apps, Power Apps
- Familiarity working with monitoring tools App Insights etc.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, SDLC Tools like JIRA/Confluence.
Nice to Have:
- Power BI Report Development, DAX, Visualizations (Geographical representations),
- Competitive annual bonus
- 3.5% 401K match
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for individual, spouse, and family
- HSA, FSA, Short Term Disability, and Virtual Health options
- Flexible PTO + 3 volunteer days off per year
- 3 volunteer days off per year
- Foundational member of a well-funded startup with early success
- Catered lunches at ATV