Sr. Database Engineer (Data Pipelines)
Our client is on a mission to reimagine Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) payouts (disbursements) by making them faster, safer, and more accurate – and we need best-in-class talent to continue to build out our platform to transform payouts and commercial banking. As a Database Engineer, you are responsible for designing and implementing digital databases. You will optimize the performance of our organization's databases. You will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting
database code. To ensure success as a database engineer, you should exhibit knowledge of best practices in database management and experience in a similar role. A top-notch database engineer will be someone whose database optimization
skills translate into the efficient flow of information throughout an organization.
- Determine business requirements: meet with clients to determine what kind of database infrastructure they need.
- Discuss the purpose of the database and set essential specifications for how the database should work.
- Develop database architecture: develop the digital architecture and database engine that allows the database to operate.
- Create spaces for data storage, add categories and establish rules for entering or editing new information entries.
- Program database algorithms: create original database programs and adjust existing code to customize database features.
- Set data storage rules: establish data pipelines and rules that make it easier for users to pull data sets and properly store new information.
- Allocate computing resources: determine what hardware and software resources they need to complete computing tasks.
- Allocate these resources to different parts of the database based on storage and computing needs.
- Analyze data sets: analyze patterns in data and look for trends to improve database operations and provide insights to clients about how to best use their existing data.
- Merge databases into a shared system: determine how to cohesively merge them into the same system by integrating categories and adjusting data entry styles to one consistent method.
- Optimize database efficiency: improve their efficiency and increase the speed of the database engine. Identify data sets or specific operations that have a negative impact on database function, then adjust as necessary.
- Automate database tasks: identify common database commands and find ways to automate or simplify those tasks.
- Create macros that automatically initiate each part of the data pipeline or immediately generate a certain type of data set when users perform a specific action.
- Perform debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentor database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhere to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Document processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in database engineering
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with one these major programming languages, such as Java, C#, Python,
- Golang, …
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with UNIX/Linux
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Proficient in multiple debugging tools and manual troubleshooting practices
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL or one of the major relational databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Extensive experience with ETL
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture
- Experience with machine learning, using AI to improve database automation
- Experience with data analysis to recognize trends and learn about how users interact with data sets
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with Azure Cloud is a plus
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness package (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 7 – 10 Paid Holiday Days Off
- Stock Options
- Career advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress
- Annual company party
- Employee Referral Program
- Hybrid – 2 Days in office