Sr. Frontend Engineer (React)
Reason this role is for you: Our client is looking for a Sr. Front-End Engineer (React) to help build the top platform for everything watch related. We are the combination of an editorial outlet, an e-commerce/retail platform, and a tech-forward product team. As a Front-End Engineer, your work will touch most of the business and enable technology to keep the experience for our readers and customers on the bleeding edge.
The company is based out of NYC and the role can be 100% remote and located in any state.
- From an engineering standpoint, you will need to be able to implement new features, as well as understand, work with, and refactor existing code. We are looking for someone that can solve problems efficiently and cleanly. We are a fast growing team, so we need someone that is flexible and can help review the work of the other developers.
5+ years of experience in the following…
- Expert knowledge of React and its ecosystem.
- Strong proficiency with modern HTML and CSS/SCSS.
- Experience interfacing with API’s, both in-house and 3rd party.
- Ability to implement responsive designs and work closely with our designers. You won’t be responsible for creating your own designs, but should have enough of a design sense to offer feedback and tweaks during implementation.
- Proficiency working with git version control.
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Experience working with Shopify or any other e-commerce platform.
- Experience working with Ruby/Rails.
- Experience working on content management systems or parts thereof, e.g. WYSIWYG editors.
- Familiarity with SVG’s and animation on the web (either CSS or JS based).
- Passionate about performance optimization, either at a language or a system level.
- An interest in watches or other collectibles!
- 401K match