Sr/Lead Java Developer
Our client in the Atlanta area is looking for a Sr. Java Developer who is very hands-on and passionate about solving complex Cloud (AWS) solutions for a variety of clients. We are looking for builders; leaders who can design, build, and deliver net new solutions from scratch, while leading our growing organization and client-base to continued scalable, sustainable success.
The company was founded in 2016 and has had incredibly successful growth. We are not backed by a VC or PE firm – we are continually profitable on our own! As the business continues to grow, we are looking for employees to share our passion for driving the success of our clients.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud development experience in Java and Spring Boot.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable software modules
- Use AWS or Azure APIs to create cloud native software solutions
- Create automated unit and integration tests
- Deploy, run, and monitor AWS and Azure production systems
- Participate in requirements meetings, architecture reviews and other technical discussions
- Work as part of a highly collaborative agile team
- Handle large volume of complex technical details, workstreams, and interdependencies
Up and down the tech stack, this is a hands-on position that requires curiosity, initiative, and follow through. You must have senior developer expertise with the majority of the following:
- 5+ years as a Cloud Developer with daily use of Java or Node.js
- 3+ years of experience and regular use of SQL
- Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift
- ECS, Fargate, Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker
- ElasticCache, Elasticsearch
- ALB, API Gateway, CloudWatch, CodeDeploy
- Demonstrated ability to design and build end to end cloud native solutions
- Expert level understanding of design patterns and algorithmic concepts and software engineering best practices
Nice to have:
- Retail technology experience including POS integration, inventory management, and loyalty program design.
- 100% employer paid employee coverage for our HSA plan, 75% employer paid coverage of dental and vision plans
- Employer-paid short term and long term disability insurance
- 401K matching 100% of contributions on the first 3% deferred, then 50% of contributions from 3% to 5% after a year of service
- 100% remote work for most positions, while providing an office space in Atlanta for anyone that is looking for a flexible office environment to go in to
- Professional development stipend of $1000 per year
- Wellness reimbursement each month
- Paid parental leave
- Travel is not currently a job requirement