Sr. Node Engineer
Sr. Node Engineer
Our company is looking for a versatile Senior Node Engineer with experience operating in an Agile environment and possessing technical proficiency to play a crucial role in laying the foundation of our platform in the travel/fintech space. This is a hands-on role within a small focused team encompassing the entire technology stack.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in Node/TypeScript alongside React, and React Native from previous experience building complex solutions at scale. Additionally, a passion for delivering best-in-class solutions through compelling user experience, high-performance architecture, and built-in quality is a must.
Our approach is to deliver a resilient platform through continuous innovation and value-based delivery. This position will play a major role in every aspect of delivery including influencing architecture, processes, and tooling. We are building a team willing to take ownership and work
alongside other passionate individuals. If this sounds like you, take a moment to apply so we can have a conversation.
- Translate requirements, wireframes, and designs into reusable components, microservices, and related libraries optimized for performance across various circumstances (i.e. devices, browsers, scale)
- Support and maintain platform including CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting, scalability, security, compliance, data management, and disaster recovery
- Exercise troubleshooting and problem-solving skills through the proactive identification of system weaknesses and proficient discernment of available solutions
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members to ensure clear and concise communication is being maintained within engineering and the organization at large
- Stay informed of technology trends and product roadmaps to contribute to the team culture and technology direction through knowledge-sharing both within the team and beyond
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ experience building microservices in Node (preferably with TypeScript)
- 3+ years’ experience building modern user experiences in React and React Native (preferably with TypeScript) leveraging tools/features (i.e. React Hooks, Redux)
- Working knowledge of data management technologies (i.e. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with container technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with cloud environments (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks/tools (i.e. Jest, Mocha, Cypress, BrowserStack, Postman)
- Proficient understanding of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build/release processes, and Agile methodologies.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with payment gateways (i.e. Usio, PayPal, Stripe)
- Familiarity with travel platforms (i.e. Amadeus, Sabre)
- Travel sector and/or Financial sector experience
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Please Note: You must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States for this position.