Sr. UI/UX Designer
Reason this role is for you: Our client has a SaaS service management platform that empowers K-12 schools to run efficiently, allowing for a better classroom experience for students to thrive. They are seeking a Sr. UI/UX Designer to create design mockups and components for their products and work directly with dev on implementation of your designs.
You will be aligned with a “tactical” team to help discovery, refinement and delivery efforts. You will also collaborate with the Design support team to insure consistent and quality designs that will be added to the system. Candidates for this role should have several years of experience in product design, solving complex problems and have a strong passion for the end user.
This role can be 100% remote with the option to go into the Atlanta office, if desired.
- Working directly with a tactical team to solve, design and implement design decisions in an agile environment.
- Design and present screens that provide function for tasks and journeys.
- Participate in discovery, whiteboarding and user sessions to help understand and implement user needs.
- Champion the design process with teams, in processes and strive for the highest quality.
- Work with UX and other team leads to translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand, on-brand visual assets
- Clearly coordinate and define timelines (self-organize) with teams
- Owning the discovery and solution process with your team all the way to delivery
- Collaborate and strategize with UX to gather data on how the design system / documentation is performing and improve the system accordingly
- Present design / wire mocks in stakeholder meetings and articulate your design decisions
- Champion the Incident IQ brand in designs and concepts
- 7+ years working in the design/UX field in a small, fast-paced company and SaaS environment
- Experience with web/mobile applications and success with solving complex issues for customers
- Experience with Figma (required), XD, Sketch or similar software
- Experience working on different Agile teams
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work outside your role to support the team effort
- A portfolio that reflects quality, well thought out designs, patterns and strategies, with examples of product problem solving abilities
- Strong sense of design principles, attention to detail, conceptual skills
- Comfortable adapting to and building within a design system, including developing guidelines and documentation
- Experience with storyboarding, flows, journeys, diagrams and mockups
- Knowledge of platform requirements across digital media
- A passion for quality
- A thirst for continuous education and growth around technical skills and soft skills
Attributes we are looking for:
We want someone who can shift gears and accomplish tasks across multiple projects, while helping contribute to our design system in tandem. You will be building, documenting, reviewing and pairing throughout the day across efforts on a regular basis.
We like to surround ourselves with people who will speak up when something looks off or is headed in the wrong direction—because we know there’s always room for improvement. We also like to communicate our brand through honest, simple, charming language.
We want someone who can truly understand our brand, embody it in their designs, and help to weave it into our design system and pattern library. We want our app to reflect quality, well thought out interactions all the way down to error handling etc. We want our apps to appeal to students, their teachers and parents.
We strive for beautiful minimalism – in both our product and our marketing.
A fun attitude
We want someone who is cool under pressure and can bring a fun attitude to their work and to our culture. You will be working closely with teams and representing a key aspect of the process.
- 4% 401K match
- Annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans
- PTO + paid holidays
- We facilitate whole-person growth where employees are able to develop personally as well as professionally.
- Energetic and collaborative environment, everyone's opinion matters!
- Excellent work/life balance.
- An amazing Downtown Atlanta office location