Our client has a mobile app testing platform that accelerates speed-to-market and improves the quality of the user experience by testing on real devices in the cloud or on-premises.
They are looking for a Technical Writer to manage the overall maintenance and publication of their online documentation which is in AsciiDoc format. You will work with internal resources, and interview software developers to gather, write, and publish technical documentation for our end users. You may also manage one or more technical writers to assist with this work and be responsible for editing and publishing the produced content.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, organized, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving startup company. You have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content and create training materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users. We like to move quickly and win together, so are looking for a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team success.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, engineers, and other technical writers to prepare, review, revise, and maintain product user documentation, including: user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, and training videos.
- Plan, schedule, and track documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
- 2+ years of experience with technical writing, editing, and providing constructive feedback
- Experience with AsciiDoc (or Markdown) high preferred
- Experience learning complex concepts and communicating the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Experience creating documentation and educational materials that boost user experience and engagement on a digital platform
- Ability to organize tasks and maintain a schedule
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrated experience and a portfolio of technical writing
- Experience with docs-as-code
- Experience (or aptitude) to maintain screenshots and other documentation images in Figma
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience in the software testing space is a bonus
- Casual work environment
- Self-Managed (sometimes referred to as unlimited) Paid Time Off (PTO) – We trust that everyone is a true professional and responsible adult. When you’re sick, take the time you need to get better. If you need a break to refresh and reboot, enjoy your time off.
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance for you and your family
- Mobile phone and Wi-Fi reimbursement
- Company-sponsored training and development opportunities (Grow-biton)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Parental Leave (this includes adopting parents!)
- Employee referral bonus
- Fitness center on-site in Atlanta and access to company-supported personal trainer
- Free access to coffee at Bellwood Coffee shop on-site in Atlanta
- Tickets to Braves and State Farm Arena concert tickets
- Free lunches on Mondays
- Frequent happy hours